ImmersivePro, VirtualPro & Event App
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & GUIDANCE
It’s very easy to connect to our platforms, all you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device. No downloads are required and you can join direct from your browser.
In some circumstances businesses and organistaions deploy security software on compnay networks, devices and software. In this this scenario their can be some minor configuration required by your business IT department. This page is designed to provide the information requiremed to ensure everyonme in your otrganisation can connect trouble free.
The fastest way to check you can join with your computer is use our compatibility test page. When attending our events you will be streaming video and interactive 360 environments, which can be demanding on your computer or mobile device. The following guidance will help you get the best from your immersive virtual experience.
• Close unwanted windows and Apps – including any other video conferencing Apps like Zoom or MS Teams as these can cause conflicts when accessing your camera and microphone.
• Close unwanted tabs in your Chrome browser – our platforms run direct from your browser and having lots of tabs open can use excessive memory which will effect your computers performance.
• If you are presenting we advise the use of a microphone/headset, a smartphone earpiece with a mic will work fine. We do not recommend bluetooth devices as these sometimes have interference and can have connection problems.
• If you are joining the event on camera you will need a Webcam. This will be built into your laptop, or if you have a desktop you may require a USB webcam.
• A screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher is recommended for the best experience. Go to System preferences > Display (Mac) or Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Screen resolution (PC). Don’t worry! A lower resolution will still work ok.
Although our events are accessible across many devices and browsers for the best experience possible we recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Google Chrome version 55 and later (recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox version 50 and later
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- IE is NOT recommended
- Internet connection of 2 Mbps (up/down) or better (broadband recommended)
Microsoft® Windows 10®, 8.x®, or 7® SP1
Mac OS X v10.8 or higher Chrome v34+ (recommended for best performance).
No special requirements are needed to access our platforms, however if you have a firewall the following ports need to be open:
Automated emails for registration confirmation, password reminders etc. https://sendgrid.com
Please find below our basic hardware requirements for joining a virtual event. Although we test on laptops up to 6 years old a laptop or desktop up to 3 years old is recommended, with the following minimum specifications :
• 2 GHz dual-core processor or better;
• 4 GB of RAM (8 GB or more recommended);
• An operating system such as Windows 10, Mac OS (the newest version recommended), Chrome OS, iOS, or Android;
• Internet connection 2 Mbps or better (broadband recommended);
• Built-in speakers and microphone, USB plug-in or professional broadcasting equipment;
• A built-in camera, USB plug-in, or professional camera for broadcasting.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about our software please get in touch with our team.